As a group leader, I bring an overflowing toolbox of resources for participants to try out in whatever ways feel most useful to them. Flexibility, humor, & courage are essential to the success of a group, workshop or retreat. The group itself creates a ripe environment for growth, change and healing.
Karen’s facilitation and workshop presence sparkles with energy, empathy, and a philosophy deeply rooted in understanding and appreciating difference. She is able to bring very diverse groups of people together in creative and moving ways, springing out of her own spiritual work and questing. Don’t miss an opportunity to work with her, to bring greater vitality and energy to your own journey.
–Kirsten Olson, PhD, Old Sow Consulting
Recent and upcoming offerings have included:
- Journey Toward Wholeness: A Courage and Renewal Retreat for Spiritual Directors International. Ghost Ranch; Abiquiu, NM. May 2018.
- Time Out for Wholeness: A Meditation Series for California Presbyterian Homes & Services. San Francisco, CA, Winter/Spring 2018.
- Meditation Series Hospice Giving Foundation, with The Dinner Party; Monterey, CA, October 2016.
- Global Gathering of Facilitators, with Dan Hines; Center for Courage and Renewal, October 2015
- National Leadership Institute, with Wil Hernandez, Ph.D; Spiritual Directors International Conference, April 2013
- “Encountering the Shadow: Advanced Practice Issues for Spiritual Directors;” with Wendie Bernstein Lash. Spiritual Directors International Conference, April 2013
- Ask Big Questions Fellowship Program, 2011, with Yarrow Durbin and the Center for Courage and Renewal
Past clients and organizational partners include:
- Association for Women in Psychology
- Chochmat HaLev: Center for Jewish Spirituality
- Institute for Democratic Education in America (IDEA)
- International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals
- Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
- John F. Kennedy University
- San Francisco State University–Department of Social Work